Tuesday, February 15, 2011

With a little repositioning

Last Friday I decided that it was time to add some spring-y pieces to my wardrobe. So I searched the web for ideas and sales for my Saturday shopping trip and just happened to click on a Talbots’ ad/link. I was pleasantly surprised by their spring line.




A cute pink skirt that had tiers of ruffles caught my eye… I’m a pink kind of girl and this skirt was  perfection. The only drawback I could see was that it was priced at $129.00. That is way more than I’m willing to pay for a dress; let alone a skirt.















As I continued looking around the website I saw that the skirt also came in blue. I have been craving something in a chambray color. I actually thought that it would be a shirt but this skirt…. It IS too Cute! As I already stated, “I can’t see paying $129.00 for a skirt” however, perhaps, when the skirt went on sale?!?! So the plan for the next day was to pop by Talbots and try it on to see if it was really as cute in person. If it was, then I would just wait for it to go on sale.






By Friday evening I just couldn’t wait to start shopping, so I suggested to my guy that we hit the local mall after dinner.
 
It was the best decision. We started out at Nordstrom Rack where I found the cutest little cream colored ruffled DRESS. To me… it looked just like the skirt I was coveting from Talbots BUT it was only $12.99.



H&M - Shirt, CHARMING CHARLES - belt


JCPENNY - faux snake skin shoes
($6.50 - another bargain from that evening)


What do you think?
Does it look comparable?

No comments:

Post a Comment