Sunday, January 30, 2011

When I Grow Up I'm Going to Be an Old Woman

I loved Michelle Shocked song "When I Grow Up" the very first time I heard it. I have never been able to embrace getting old… Not even as a teenager. I have fought it and lied about my age for years. Ask me how old I am and I will respond with my well used response of, “My real age or what I tell people?” Now ask me my weight and I will tell you the truth and also toss in my measurement if you want them. No biggie there. But age… I will be fighting that battle with my wallet wide open.

Just recently I have stumbled onto a blog called Advance Style. It is a blog by a young man named Ari Seth Cohen that highlights the wonders and beauty of the mature woman and men on occasion. I love how he has captures the style and beauty of a life being lived to the fullest.

Advance Style 01/28/11 entry
Advanced Style entry on 12/15/09
Advanced Style 06/27/10
I do hope that one day I too can embrace the beauty of maturity but in the interim I am going to continue fighting with every fiber of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment