Thursday, April 28, 2011

Never Say Never

I have said, “I would never go out in public without showering and putting makeup on.” I have also been known to say that it takes no more effort to look pulled together than to walk out the door looking frumpy.

So imagine my shock when it dawned on me the other morning that every day I DO go out the door without makeup. Not only do I go without makeup… I do not comb my hair.

Every morning I roll out of bed at 5:00 A.M. and put on my workout gear and head to the gym. I have very fine wispy hair so when I walk into the gym and nod at my fellow gym goers my hair is always askew. It probably doesn’t matter regarding my hair because in about 5 minutes it is plastered to my head from sweat. And, I’m usually wiping the sweat off my face with my shirt… I’m classy like that.



So really, wearing makeup wouldn’t make any difference anyways. However, I would never go out without making an effort to make sure that my outfit (street or gym) looks good.

Has anyone else done something after claiming, “I would never… ”?

No comments:

Post a Comment